Player/ Parent Code of Conduct
Keller ISD Hockey Player/ Parent Code of Conduct
Every Player, coach, parent, rink personnel and guest will be treated with respect at all times. The respect we will show to ourselves and to the individuals we come in contact with will be the basis for what Keller ISD Hockey is going to accomplish. At no time will disrespectful behavior be tolerated. We fully understand that being a kid also means to joke around and have fun with one another; however, there is a fine line between having fun and hurting someone. This line will be closely monitored.
Non-coach parents may not instruct their child during practices and games. For your child to develop to the fullest extent, he/she needs to be focused on the coach’s instruction. Please refrain from yelling and/or directing your child before, during, and after practices and games.
There is a zero tolerance policy for players and parents. Parents and players are expected to know the rules, support the officials, and display good sportsmanship. Penalties may be assessed for players and parents who yell at or use profanities at officials.
Parents are to utilize the team manager for conflicts with your child’s coach. The team manager will be responsible for hearing the grievances of parents on the team. Parents who are concerned about coaching instruction, discipline, etc., should contact the team manager after a 24 hour cooling off period. The team manager will address any issue brought before him/her with the coach.
Display appropriate behavior at all times. If you are asked to leave a game, practice or any Club activity because of your behavior, the Executive Board will review the situation and assess a penalty, which could include suspension from practice and/or games.
Attendance is mandatory at practice and games. Parents and players need to develop as a team; therefore, attendance at all practice and games is expected. If there is a need for the player to miss a practice or game, please have the player discuss the absence with the Coach prior to the absence. Unexcused absences may result in disciplinary action including suspensions.
Support the rules established by the association and your team‘s coach. Coaches will have specific rules for their team. Players and parents will adhere to these rules. In general, behavior such as fighting, foul language, temper tantrums on or off the ice, and stick banging and taunting will not be tolerated.
Parents will not be allowed in the locker rooms unless assigned by the coach.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. The Keller ISD Hockey Club has charged the player fees based on the number of players chosen at the beginning of the season. Therefore, we must be responsible to pay our creditors.
AT&T Metroplex High School Hockey Parent/ Legal Guardian Code of Conduct
The AT&T Metroplex High School Hockey League believes strongly in the values of teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership through example. The League’s overall goal of player development both on and off the ice relies heavily on our ability, as a group of families, to create and maintain a safe, fun and positive environment for our players.
The Dallas Stars organization is taking this opportunity to both ask for your support in this effort and to remind you that proper conduct and sportsmanship is expected of all families at all times.
As a parent / legal guardian of a child involved in the AT&T Metroplex High-School Hockey League, I agree to abide by and follow the rules of the guidelines below:
• I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any desire to win.
• I will support and promote Fair Play by encouraging my child to play by the rules.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players.
• I will leave the coaching to the coaching staff. I will not undermine the coaches’ authority by trying to be a coach instead of a parent.
• I will provide support for coaches and officials working with the athletes to provide a positive experience for all. I understand that coaching is a difficult endeavor, and I will always give coaches the benefit of the doubt and treat them with respect.
• I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game. I understand that making mistakes is a key part of learning.
• I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good plays by both my child’s team and their opponents. I will not be critical of, or embarrass any player, including opposing players.
• I will treat all players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators with dignity and respect in language, attitude, behavior and mannerisms. I understand that my behavior reflects on my child and on the AT&T Metroplex High-School Hockey League, and I will require the same of my child.
• I will not question the official’s judgment or honesty in public. I recognize that officials are trained in their field and were put in place to ensure that there is a safe environment for my child to participate in the sport of hockey.
• I will never yell, taunt, threaten or inflict physical violence upon any player, coach, official, league representative, arena personnel or spectator at any youth hockey activity. I will refrain from the use of abusive or vulgar language, racial, ethnic or gender-related slurs at any time at the rink or any youth hockey function. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth hockey games.
• I understand the importance of skill development. I will remember that practices benefit my child more than games and competition.
• I will not question the level/division that my child and his/her team is placed in. I will remember that the AT&T Metroplex High-School Hockey League staff has made their decisions based upon the best interest of the League and its members.
• I will adhere to the 24-hour rule, and I will wait 24 hours after my child’s practice or game before making my complaint known. I will discuss all issues with the appropriate parties in a calm manner, and this will include all types of communication.
• I will not go into the locker room / dressing room of either team or obstruct their access to exit from said room or ice arena.
• I will not go into the officials’ locker room / dressing room or obstruct their access to exit from said room or ice arena.
• I will not go onto the ice surface, throw any object onto the ice surface, into the player’s bench area(s), or at another individual, and I will not pound or climb on the glass.
• I will not deface or damage any property belonging to any individual, team, association, or arena.
• I will not be involved in any activity that warrants the summoning of law enforcement officials.
• I will not incite any person(s) to become involved in any of the above-listed behaviors.